Tuesday, December 20, 2011

I have an infestation! {Of Cherry Mice, That Is}

I love Christmas time!  For some reason, the season gives me a little extra boost to get in the kitchen and make fun treats.  My first cooking adventure of this year was Cherry Mice!  Aren't these little critters just adorable?


I don't know about you, but I don't particularly mind having an excess of these little guys running around my kitchen.  Want to know how the make 'em?  They're SO easy!




What you need:
Dipping chocolate
Maraschino cherries WITH the stems
Almond slices
Hershey kisses
Sugared eyes


Melt your dipping chocolate according to package instructions.  Lay out cherries on a paper towel and blot off the excess liquid.  Lay out some waxed paper to put your mice on.  (TIP: Unwrap your Hershey Kisses and have them ready to go BEFORE you dip any cherries.)  Dip the cherries in the chocolate and lay sideways on the waxed paper (so the stem becomes the tail).  Immediately attach a Hershey Kiss and then the almond ears while the chocolate is soft.  Using a toothpick, dab two small blobs of melted chocolate onto the kiss and place two sugared eyes on the blobs.  Let the chocolate set and you're ready to serve!  (Any remaining cherries that don't get eaten right away can be kept in the fridge for a few days.)

No comments:

Post a Comment